[foaf-protocols] FOAF site - hosting changes in progress

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Thu May 7 22:03:23 CEST 2009

Hi folks

Just a quick note to let you know that the FOAF site hosting changes are
in progress. This affects anything on foaf-project.org, and will also
affect the namespace site xmlns.com, and the older archived rdfweb.org.

First step is that DNS control for *.foaf-project.org will move back
from Dreamhost to the registrar, Gandi.

I won't touch xmlns.com or svn.foaf-project.org hosting just yet;
they're both clean and served from safe accounts. The
lists.foaf-project.org DNS entries should be the same on the Gandi DNS
so there should not be any disruption to the mailing list service, which
Edd Dumbill generously hosts for us.

Everything else on foaf-project.org will come from the new setup.
Currently these are all redirecting to
http://esw.w3.org/topic/FoafDowntime but I have a fresh server running
at Amazon EC2 and so I'll cut over the DNS for the redirected sites to
point to the new box.

The new sites will all be in "coming soon" mode initially. Stephane
Corlosquet has very kindly helped by scrubbing the Drupal files and
data, so it shouldn't take too long to get that site back up. The
over-old mediawiki installation (likely source of the break-in), is
still in need of cleaning and updating.

So, nothing too exciting. But just to let you know things are moving...
and roughly what to expect. I don't expect any significant disruption to
the namespace document during all this.

Give me a shout if you have any trouble with the mailing lists or
anything seems extra-wrong,

cheers,