[foaf-protocols] A Simple foaf+ssl IdP

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Wed May 13 23:31:42 CEST 2009

On 13 May 2009, at 17:11, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Story Henry
> <henry.story at bblfish.net> wrote:
>> Bruno Harbulot wrote the code foaf a secure foaf+ssl Identity
>> Provider. I put it up on foafssl.org, and blogged about the details
>> here:
>>
>>    http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/a_simple_foaf_ssl_identity
>>
>> This should help make it a lot easier to get going with foaf+ssl in a
>> more secure manner.
>
> This is great, I've got it working on opera, IE, safari, and iphone
>
> However strange issue with firefox using a cert generated by
> test.foafssl.org
>
> HTTP Status 401 -
>
> type Status report

It works for me now. I had trouble for a little while as I had a
foafssl certificate with a webid that no longer existed on the server
(perhaps I had deleted it some time ago to test something).

The problem persisted after I deleted all those certificates, and
created a new one.

Restarting Firefox helped.

I'll look into improving error messages.

Also I think it would perhaps be useful to do something special if
someone does not have a foaf+ssl certificate. I had that in the
insecure login page. I'll add that back to the secure one.

[time passes]

I added some error messages, but they it is a bit more complex than I
was thinking, as I need to be able to ask for the client certificate
optionally. And I had to override that to get this to work with the
iPhone....

So I'll look into that.

> message
>
> description This request requires HTTP authentication ().
> Apache Tomcat/6.0-snapshot
>
> A friend of mine got the same error when trying ...

Can he try after restarting the server?