[foaf-protocols] FOAF+SSL vs. OpenID

Oana Ureche oana.ureche at deri.org
Fri May 15 13:27:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

I was reading Henry's blog. He wrote that:
"On an OpenId server there would be a field for the user to enter their
ID, with foaf+ssl this is not needed. So we have a simple login button." [1]

I don't think that is a fair comparison. Even if you have a simple login
button and you do not have to enter the user ID from OpenID, you will
still have to choose between the certificates installed in your browser,
which at some point might lead to considerable amount of typing :-)

Unless there is something that can be done...

Regards,
Oana.

[1] http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/sketch_of_a_foaf_ssl