[foaf-protocols] FOAF + Elgg

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 14:14:39 CEST 2010

Hi All

Sorry to posts in a while I've been playing around with an elgg instance
that the GNU Social folks asked me set up.

http://gnusocial.me/

I'd encourage you to test drive it and look at the functionality.  It covers
many of the topics discussed here in the last 18 months.

The FOAF was pretty broken in elgg, but I've started fixing it up:

http://www.foafer.org/?file=http%3A%2F%2Fgnusocial.me%2Fpg%2Fprofile%2Fbblfish%3Fview%3Dfoaf

I've spoken the lead dev, and he's going to let me submit a patch for foaf.

Next steps are to add foaf+ssl support, better federation, and a data wiki.
I'm going to try and port in some of the ideas we have for federation and
access control.

Feedback welcome!