[foaf-protocols] fp:ping

Nathan nathan at webr3.org
Fri Apr 16 15:44:44 CEST 2010

Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 13:12 +0100, Nathan wrote:
>> HTTP PATCH has the Accept-Patch header.
>
> I wonder if PATCH is a better verb to use than POST.
>
> Of course, it has little explicit support in HTTP libraries, and zero in
> browsers, so a fallback to POST would be necessary.

As you may (or may not) know I've done quite a bit of playing with rdf
diff / patch and have a working implementation [1] going + ontology [2]
etc; as mentioned earlier in the month this approach could be used for
ping back, track back and whatever else may be needed + it's as light or
as heavy as you want, and further allows for multiple ping/track backs
in a single packet; further still the same rdf packets can be used in
updates streams and indeed in all situations where synchronisation is
needed between resources. Additionally it keeps data typed and as we're
dealing with triples the whole time you can pick up the relationship
from the predicate(s) and so forth.

[1] http://webr3.org/diff/
[2] http://webr3.org/specs/guo/