[foaf-protocols] Debugging results

Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 23:32:51 CEST 2010

On 1 Aug 2010, at 21:33, Nathan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I checked to see what's wrong with my little test script @
> https://data.fm/ and here's the results:
>
> csarven
> returns: RDF/XML
> uses cert:Integer for exponent and I was only checking for 'cert:int'
> note: can we specify only one please (why have two??)

That is because the ontology does not define cert:Integer to be a property. It defined cert:decimal, but that has been deprecated.

We are trying to move entirely over to using dataytypes.
I created a cert:int datatype to match the cert:hex datatype.
I could have turned cert:decimal into a datatype too, but the problem is that
decimal in most people's minds does not make them think of base10 numbers, but rather of floating point numbers.

If you look at the ontology using  you will find cert:int defined as

$ curl -H "Accept: text/n3" http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert

[snip]

:int a rdfs:Datatype;
   vs:term_status "unstable";
   owl:equivalentClass xsd:nonNegativeInteger;
   skos:editorialNote """
      We may decide to make it easier to write integers than what xsd:integer provides, if needed.
   """@en;
   rdfs:comment """
      A positive integer in base 10 notation.
      xsd:nonNegativeInteger could be used, but is a bit long to write, and may be too strictly defined.
      This is here to provice a pair with cert:hex, to avoid needing to import a new namespace, and to give a bit more flexibility in the future.
   """@en .

> http://bblfish.net/people/henry/card#me
> returns: N3
> issue1: ARC chokes on the .n3
> issue2: accept line was Accept: application/rdf+xml, text/rdf+n3,
> application/rdf+turtle, application/x-turtle, application/turtle,
> application/xml, */* - and .n3 was returned (surely it should have been
> application/rdf+xml the .rdf variant?)
> note: henry can you check your conneg if you have it enabled.
>
> http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/sethrussell#this
> returns: RDF/XML
> error is in my code (a greedy regex matching DB\n and 54\n in the public
> key) - apologies
>
> https://farewellutopia.com/user/me/profile#me
> returns: doesn't return any RDF, rather it returns standard XHTML -
> accept sent is: application/rdf+xml, text/rdf+n3,
> application/rdf+turtle, application/x-turtle, application/turtle,
> application/xml, */*
> note: can you check it out reto, if you're not already aware

yes there does not seem to be any rdfa in there

$ rapper -i rdfa  https://farewellutopia.com/user/me/profile  -o turtle

returns an empty doc

> http://ec.drupalrdf.openspring.net/user/1#me
> RDFa, works fine