[foaf-protocols] Debugging results

Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 00:05:27 CEST 2010

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/

On 1 Aug 2010, at 23:50, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Henry Story <henry.story at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> which should be ok as long as content-negotiation works correctly
>>> (which i'm fixing now, currently it chooses of the most concrete
>>> acceptetd types with the highest q-value the one who comes first
>>> alphabetically, in this case application/turtle but as this isn't
>>> supported it falls back to xhtml).
>>>
>> Well I checked the html, and I don't think it contains rdfa either.
>
> no the html doesn't contain rdfa, but rdf/xml, turtle, rdf/json and
> -n-triples representations are available.

that's an intersting case. It suggests a few questions:

Should the html at least contain a link to the rdf/xml in that case? Which could then be followed?

Should every representation for a WebID be semanticizable? (Does not quite seem like it should, and in any case they can't all be known)

What are the good reasons for having html be a lower q value than rdf/xml? Is it simply that rdf/xml can only be rdf, whereas html may or may not be machine processable? (In which case any other machine processable format would have higher value)

Henry