[foaf-protocols] Debugging results

Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 00:23:44 CEST 2010

On 2 Aug 2010, at 00:12, Nathan wrote:

> why not just:
>
> rsa:modulus "FDB6FB1159710EAEEC69BEE94..."^^xsd:hexBinary ;
> rsa:public_exponent "65537"^^xsd:nonNegativeInteger .
>
> out of interest - never quite understood the cert:xxx's tbh.

The reasons are documented in the ontology. So please give us feedback on the reasons you find there.

xsd:hexBinary is not a number but a binary string. Given that the maths of rsa and dsa are all in terms of integer arithemetic, adding a binary format intermediary seemed unecessary.

You can use xsd:nonNegativeInteger, and xsd:int and cert:hex, and in the future
cert:base64 if needed.  Those are all ways of expressing integer numbers.

See the Java code here for inspiration on how one can write this out

http://github.com/bblfish/foafssl-java/blob/master/foafssl-verifier/src/main/java/net/java/dev/sommer/foafssl/verifier/SesameFoafSslVerifier.java

Not that the code is a bit more complex because we are still dealing with the
deprecated cert:hex and cert:decimal *properties*! But that is currently what most
people have produced.