Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 13:54:00 CEST 2010

On 2 Aug 2010, at 13:36, Bruno Harbulot wrote:
>> Manu volunteers to do a JSON-LD and Stephane volunteers to do an example
>> with XSPARQL.
>
> The problem we're talking about is still about making sure that the
> verification agent has a chance to be able to verify the WebID by
> getting the WebID profile document.
> I don't mind people who implement JSON verifiers in their verification
> agents, it would make sense indeed, but I think there should be a core
> spec to be sure that things will work.

I also think that before people go out and put to much effort into this
that you ask yourself: is it really worth it? Is it really that difficult for
a server to publish RDF/XML, or RDFa? What benefits do you get? How standard is JSON-LD? Do JSON-LD parsers exists as widely as RDF/XML parsers (which we now have seen to be available on all platforms?)

Also I am not sure how many implementations of XSPARQL there are yet. The beauty of XSPARQL proposal is that it can be very efficient, as it can automatically translate any XML format into an RDF model, without going through the rdf/xml syntax. It is also much easier to read and to write than XSLT!

In any case it can't do much harm to play with this and work out the details. But be pragmatic, and if you do this, report back to the group from time to time, so that we can get an understanding of the motivations, and help along...

In the end what matters is that we can all interoperate, and that we can build cool apps.