Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 14:22:02 CEST 2010

On 2 August 2010 13:54, Henry Story <henry.story at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 Aug 2010, at 13:36, Bruno Harbulot wrote:
> >> Manu volunteers to do a JSON-LD and Stephane volunteers to do an example
> >> with XSPARQL.
> >
> > The problem we're talking about is still about making sure that the
> > verification agent has a chance to be able to verify the WebID by
> > getting the WebID profile document.
> > I don't mind people who implement JSON verifiers in their verification
> > agents, it would make sense indeed, but I think there should be a core
> > spec to be sure that things will work.
>
> I also think that before people go out and put to much effort into this
> that you ask yourself: is it really worth it? Is it really that difficult
> for
> a server to publish RDF/XML, or RDFa? What benefits do you get? How
> standard is JSON-LD? Do JSON-LD parsers exists as widely as RDF/XML parsers
> (which we now have seen to be available on all platforms?)
>

> Also I am not sure how many implementations of XSPARQL there are yet. The
> beauty of XSPARQL proposal is that it can be very efficient, as it can
> automatically translate any XML format into an RDF model, without going
> through the rdf/xml syntax. It is also much easier to read and to write than
> XSLT!
>
> In any case it can't do much harm to play with this and work out the
> details. But be pragmatic, and if you do this, report back to the group from
> time to time, so that we can get an understanding of the motivations, and
> help along...
>
> In the end what matters is that we can all interoperate, and that we can
> build cool apps.

+1 to interoperate and apps ...

Was dreaming last night of a webid powered market app that matches buyers
and sellers at web scale, does escrow via a third party, and also acts as an
web of trust enabled lead generation system ...

There's also a ton of very valuable stuff in the wiki.

Hopefully the spec will be a "jumping in" point, to enable people to find
more advanced information.