Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Mon Aug 2 19:28:46 CEST 2010

Henry Story wrote:
> On 2 Aug 2010, at 18:45, Nathan wrote:
>

>> I really like that sentence - perfect even imho.
>>
>> 'MUST have a Machine and Human readable representation of a structured
>> profile document'
>>

> "MUST have a representation of an RDF graph in a machine readable representation. See the section on representations for more about this."

RDF Graph Doesn't cut it.

You are fixating a little on RDF.

If you are going to fixate on RDF then we aren't in agreement.

"RDF" is as confusing and problematic as you perceive the sentence: ...
structured representation of a profile document.

We can't fix RDF incomprehension issues via WebID spec. Please don't go
down this path.

Let people come to understand what Structured Data is about. How you
make a Structured Profile Document that's palabtable to machines and humans.

"RDF" is very problematic cos most assume its RDF/XML, and I've long
given up trying to fix that misconception.

> You cannot force a Human readable representation in the spec. That is again a pragmatic issue. If you don't have one, then in many use cases it will be difficult for people to understand what is going on, so takeup will be slow.
>
> This will become obvious when we have more good demos.

We don't force anything into the spec. We just protect the spec by using
appropriate language.

I want WebID protected from FUD. But of course, I will only raise this
matter so many more times before I go completely silent about this
fundamental matter.

Kingsley
> Henry

President & CEO