Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 00:06:14 CEST 2010

On 2 Aug 2010, at 23:55, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>> Then when you speak to customers use a different word. Most RFC use technical language like SHOULD, MUST, RDFXXXX etc. Customers don't care.
>>
> I said "People", no mention of "Customers :-)

People don't read specs either. People use social networks.

Engineers read specs, and then very few of them do. When they do they
want something that is clear, precise and solid.

> The issue is communicating the value proposition of a technology without distraction. RDF is a distraction magnet.

That's an exaggeration, sorry. The terminology is clear, and well documented.
The maths is solid. We can clarify a few concepts if needed, but we can't avoid RDF and semantics.

People will see how flexible it is as we use it.

But frankly if that bothers you, then lets forget the spec.