Bruno Harbulot Bruno.Harbulot at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 14:38:12 CEST 2010

On 03/08/10 10:34, Nathan wrote:
> [[[
> A Verification Agent must be able to process documents in RDF/XML
> [RDF-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR] and XHTML+RDFa [XHTML-RDFA]. A server responding to
> a WebID Profile request should support HTTP content negotiation. The
> server must return a representation in RDF/XML for media type
> application/rdf+xml. The server must return a representation in
> XHTML+RDFa for media type text/html or media type application/xhtml+xml.
> Verification Agents and Identification Agents may support any other RDF
> format via HTTP content negotiation.
> ]]]

+0.8: I don't think we should force the HTML to have some RDFa. We
should give the option to use content-type negotiation to return RDF/XML
if the HTML doesn't contain any RDFa.

[[
A Verification Agent MUST be able to process documents in RDF/XML and
XHTML+RDFa. A server responding to a WebID Profile request SHOULD
support HTTP content negotiation. The server MUST return a
representation in RDF/XML for media type application/rdf+xml. If the
server does not support media type application/rdf+xml, it MUST return a
representation in XHTML+RDFa for media type text/html or media type
application/xhtml+xml. When requesting a WebID Profile document, a
Verification Agent MUST request media type application/rdf+xml with a
higher preference order than text/html or application/xhtml+xml.
Verification Agents and Identification Agents MAY support any other RDF
format via HTTP content negotiation.
]]

Before "If the server does not support...", we could add "The server
SHOULD return a representation in XHTML+RDFa for media type text/html or
media type application/xhtml+xml."

Best wishes,

Bruno.