Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Tue Aug 3 16:54:19 CEST 2010

Seth Russell wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen at openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen at openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>

>            How on earth does the WebID from
>         <http://kingsley.idehen.net> give
>            you JSON? Put your WebID in the Address bar of any browser
>         and you
>            will get an HTML representation of your Profile (with RDFa
>            embedded). Negotiate RDF/XML, N3, Turtle, JSON, OData etc.. and
>            you will get those representations.
>
>            What do you think your WebID is? Ditto your Structured Profile
>            Page URL? Ditto your OpenID URL?
>

>         I have been laboring under the assumption, perhaps
>         erroneously, that my WebID is
>         https://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/sethrussell   and
>         as you can see from the attached  picture it is serving JSON.
>

>        You are losing me here.
>     Your WebID (what's also in your x.509 cert) is:
>     <http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/sethrussell#this>
>

> Ok, that does display my profile in IE, Safari, and Chrome.  In
> FireFox it still wants to use the JSON.   I did install Jsonview  1.0
> and that may have put a preference for JSON in my FireFox
> applications.  I can see it there and change what happens to JSON
> files, but i don't seem to be able to  remove it.  Oh well !

Well not so well.

Browsers developers and others like them reek havoc for those of us
dealing with the server side. When stuff goes wrong you assume its us
rather than them :-(

I would hope you could remove or reconfigure your FF plugin.

>         You know i would do that but as i have mentioned several times
>         before none of those URL's suit me as my WebID.   Instead i
>         want my WebID to be http://stikto.me/seth and i was kind of
>         waiting until you could host stikto.me <http://stikto.me>
>         <http://stikto.me> for that purpose.
>

>     Yes, and you could simply instantiate an Amazon AMI and have
>     exactly what you want: Your own Personal Data Space (controlled by
>     you and hosted by in Amazon's EC2 Data Center).
>
>     Links:
>
>     1. http://ods.openlinksw.com/wiki/ODS/ODSInstallationEC2 -- how to
>     setup the AMI (kingsley.idehen.net/ods
>     <http://kingsley.idehen.net/ods> and id.myopenlink.net/ods
>     <http://id.myopenlink.net/ods> are just instances of this) .
>

> Interesting,  i'll check that out, thanks.

Post installation you can look at the VAD packages collection associated
with your Virtuoso instance (what ODS is built atop) via the HTML based
Conductor Admin UI. You will notice we have a VAD called: "EC2
Extensions" .

Links:

1. http://twitpic.com/2b9i8a/full -- Package List via Conductor UI
2. http://twitpic.com/2b9j5v/full -- actual utilities installed by the