[foaf-protocols] WebID spec version http://bblfish.net/tmp/2010/08/02/

Stéphane Corlosquet scorlosquet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 18:33:26 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Henry Story <henry.story at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 Aug 2010, at 14:58, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
>
> > Hi Henry,
> >
> > i think the sparql query should go to a non-normative section or to the
> primer, but the spec should be explicit on the ontological terms (properties
> and datatypes) the verifying agent must understand.
>
> That all depends on what that other document looks like.
>
> For the moment this is close enough to the core of the protocol, to be
> worth adding here.
>
> The reason we have so many SPARQL queries there is that we are switching to
> literal notation. If one had to choose the simplest one to keep would be the
> ASK query.

writing a query, and does not support the literal notation. Should we in
this document take that to now be deprecated?</p>

The spec should not cover for any deprecated notation. Learn from the few
trials you've advocated in the past and choose the best one so that the spec
is easy and straight forward to implement. The amount of existing WebID
implementations is still small enough (none of them is released as stable
afaik) and it's easy to go and fix the queries, we know all the maintainers
and most of them are on this list. I guess the first thing to do now though
is to agree on the new notation and so that all the implementations can be
aligned.

Steph.