[foaf-protocols] Social Web Acid Test use case 0 - let's do it

Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 18:03:06 CEST 2010

On 4 Aug 2010, at 17:17, Henry Story wrote:
> We should be able to implement this test
>
>  http://federatedsocialweb.net/wiki/SWAT0

This was SWAT test case for interoperable social networks was apparently a result of the OneSocial Web invitation only summit in the US.

• With his phone, Dave takes a photo of Tantek and uploads it using a service
• Dave tags the photo with Tantek
• Tantek gets a notification on another service that he's been tagged in a photo
• Evan, who is subscribed to Dave, sees the photo on yet another service
• Evan comments on the photo
• David and Tantek receive notifications that Evan has commented on the photo

We should be able to do this very easily using foaf+ssl, ping, and a few other technologies...

   So I am going to make it my aim to have an implementation that does something close to this for September. If we can show this working across our platforms, then all the better.

   Then we can tune down a little bit the WebId protocol standardisation volume so that we can all focus on doing this piece, which I think is more important on the whole.  This is not to say we should not be also working on WebID spec :-)