[foaf-protocols] WebID spec version http://bblfish.net/tmp/2010/08/02/

Sarven Capadisli info at csarven.ca
Wed Aug 4 22:34:26 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 01:43 +0200, Henry Story wrote:
> I just put some changes up on my version of the spec
>
>    http://github.com/bblfish/webid-spec/
>
> This can be viewed online here:
>
>    http://bblfish.net/tmp/2010/08/02/

I just wanted to sum up the discussion around a bunch of folks wanting
to clarify the distinction between RDF data model and RDF serializations
for the reader and the serialization that is used in examples.

Re: 'How to Read this Document':

"There are a number of concepts that are covered in this document that
the reader may want to be aware of before continuing. General knowledge
of public key cryptography and RDF [RDF-PRIMER] and RDFa [RDFA-CORE] is
necessary to understand how to implement this specification."

I think it might be better to remove the mention of RDFa as it is
neither a MUST or a SHOULD for the implementation of the specification.
It might even be more appropriate to put [RDF-CONCEPTS] in place, Hence,

"There are a number of concepts that are covered in this document that
the reader may want to be aware of before continuing. General knowledge
of public key cryptography and RDF [RDF-PRIMER] and RDF Concepts and
Abstract Syntax [RDF-CONCEPTS] is necessary to understand how to
implement this specification. RDFa [RDFA-CORE] {list of other RDF data
representation formats} is used throughout the examples."

Is that an accurate representation of what was discussed or aimed at?

-Sarven