[foaf-protocols] Social Web Acid Test use case 0 - let's do it

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Thu Aug 5 00:13:43 CEST 2010

Henry Story wrote:
> On 4 Aug 2010, at 17:17, Henry Story wrote:
>
>> We should be able to implement this test
>>
>>  http://federatedsocialweb.net/wiki/SWAT0
>>

> This was SWAT test case for interoperable social networks was apparently a result of the OneSocial Web invitation only summit in the US.
>
> • With his phone, Dave takes a photo of Tantek and uploads it using a service
> • Dave tags the photo with Tantek
> • Tantek gets a notification on another service that he's been tagged in a photo
> • Evan, who is subscribed to Dave, sees the photo on yet another service
> • Evan comments on the photo
> • David and Tantek receive notifications that Evan has commented on the photo
>
> We should be able to do this very easily using foaf+ssl, ping, and a few other technologies...
>
>    So I am going to make it my aim to have an implementation that does something close to this for September. If we can show this working across our platforms, then all the better.

Bottom line, this is just another triple in a data space.

We can handle pings for foaf:knows claims so we can handle pings for
other things e.g. comments and tags.

How come no comment about verification of the identities of the Tagger
and the Taggee?

Anyway, we can pull this off with ODS once there are other semantic ping
data spaces that understand how to handle pings across blogs, tag spaces
etc..

Kingsley