[foaf-protocols] WebID and Portable Contacts

Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 15:43:24 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Alexandre Passant
<alexandre.passant at deri.org> wrote:
> On 6 Aug 2010, at 18:36, Henry Story wrote:
>> [snip]
>> 3- write a GRDDL XSLT and XSPARQL transform from Portable Contacts to
>> foaf, WebId, and see if they would be willing to publish this at their
>> name space.
>>

> You may want to look at [1] that provides a XSPARQL transformation for such.
>
> Alex.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/xsparql-use-cases/#sec:xhtml2rdf

Great! It is really nice to see how good that looks, how easy to read
it is, and how efficient it must be :-)

I could not find a list of parsers implementing this in any language,
but it is cool enough to be worth implementing. I think it would be
worth for a WebId example to show a GRDDL working with both XSPARQL
and XSLT even if few parsers for XSLTs exist, as the critique of XSLTs
will clearly be that it is not efficient.

If I can find an XSPARQL implementation, then it would be another
great use case to take it to generate the XHTML version of our
ontologies :-)