[foaf-protocols] WebID spec http://bblfish.net/tmp/2010/08/09/index-respec.html

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Mon Aug 9 17:29:40 CEST 2010

On 08/09/10 05:43, Henry Story wrote:
> Btw, it would be nice to link this version to the previous one, and
> that one to this one.

Typically, you link new editor's drafts of specs to the previous version
of the spec. You don't change old editor's drafts (for any reason) to 1)
preserve the history of how the spec has changed over time 2) because
the old source has been replaced with new source and generating the
older spec is very difficult and 3) because people make comments on the
old spec and it's difficult to make comments on a spec and link to the
spec when it's constantly changing out from under you (as is the norm
with editors specs).

> What is the best way to do this?

ReSpec has the ability to link to previous versions of the spec and to
link to alternate formats. Typically, editors create a new version of
the spec and also create a diff-marked version of the spec so that it is
easier for people to understand the changes that have been made since
the last spec was released.

> Also how do I generate the final index.html ?

CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-S

Select the generation as XHTML - all editor/author information, spec
information, dates, links to resolutions, sections and other metadata
associated with the specification will be expressed in RDFa.

I'll pull your changes, generate the newest spec and publish via
http://payswarm.com/webid shortly.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: WebID - Universal Login for the Web
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2010/08/07/webid/2/