[foaf-protocols] WebID breakthrough - pure Javascript+Flash implementation

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Mon Aug 9 21:48:23 CEST 2010

Henry Story wrote:
> Just to go through this process.
>
> On 8 Aug 2010, at 15:57, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>

>> The user interaction is simple:
>> 1. Go to: https://id.myopenlink.net
>>

> When I did it asks me for one of my certificates.
> I choose one but it does not give me any feedback on whether the certificate
> login succeeded. Ah no, I am misdescribing the page. In the left hand column it says: "The requested active content cannot be displayed due to execution restriction"

> I also tried this with Firefox.
>

>> 2. Register with your existing WebID or get a new account
>>

> Don't know how to do this anymore from here...
>

>> 3. Edit your Profile using the Profile Manager (at least add your email
>> address to your profile)
>> 4. Use the "X.509" tab under "Security" to generate your X.509 Cert that
>> includes your WebID (remember once you have an account you have a WebID,
>> Profile Page URL, and an OpenID URL (all hooked together in conventional
>> Linked Data style)
>> 5. Save the generated Cert. to your Profile (don't forget to hatch the
>> "enable WebID login" option)
>> 6. Save and Exit Profile Manager
>> 6. Visit a WebID or OpenID based space on the Web from Windows, Mac OS
>> X, Linux, or any other Unix Platform.

Henry,

Sorry my bad! Typo!

It should have been: https://id.myopenlink.net/ods . No different to
what I've used for various demos: https://kingsley.idehen.net/ods .

You can also use these links:

1. https://id.myopenlink.net/vsp/users/users.vsp -- Virtuoso Server
Pages based Page
2. https://id.myopenlink.net/php/users/users.php -- PHP based variant of
the above.

All of the above enable you to create or manage an ODS based Personal
Data Space that generates WebIDs and X.509 Certs. that bear said WebIDs.

President & CEO