[foaf-protocols] WebID breakthrough - pure Javascript+Flash implementation

Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 22:42:40 CEST 2010

On 10 Aug 2010, at 22:06, Toby Inkster wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 10:57:15 +0200
> Henry Story <henry.story at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> C. Sign in to a site that is not your WebID Provider
>>
>> 1. Go to the site (of course)
>> 2. click login
>> 3. Select certificate in your browser
>
> Or if the whole site is HTTPS-secured:
>
> 1. Go to the site
> 2. Select certificate in your browser

Mhh, yes, but I don't entirely recommend that as a UI experience.
One should really be able to arrive on a web site and see something
before getting asked for a certificate.  IT is quite disconcerting
being asked who you are before you know who the person is your talking
to.

This is not going to be easy to do, but it is going to be one of
those UI best practices issues I think.