[foaf-protocols] WebID breakthrough - pure Javascript+Flash implementation

Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 22:47:04 CEST 2010

On 10 Aug 2010, at 22:21, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>> What's your one-click wizard written in and how is it launched?
>
> "one click" wizard is written using C# and .NET. The wizard is signed
> which is mandatory for "one click" apps.
>
> Making the root CA cert. and registering with the Cert. Manager DB
> prior to actual Personal Cert. generqtion is essential for Windows to
> work otherwise the Certs. you generate will be rejected.

Could this be simplified by doing the following:

  - Write code that proovably creates a unique root certificate for the machine it is on.
  - get a root CA to certify this - and so have it work on all machines automatically

   Is that something one could do? If one could prove that the code can do absolutely no harm, perhaps a root CA would be willing to sign it?

  ( But I may not have understood the process yet)

Henry