[foaf-protocols] Fwd: Re: WebID breakthrough - pure Javascript+Flash implementation

Joe Presbrey presbrey at csail.mit.edu
Thu Aug 12 22:23:09 CEST 2010

I am very surprised to hear this argument.

AFAIK, the main technical problem with OpenID as an authentication
protocol in a Linked Data context is that it is not RESTful!  Using
Linked Data in meaningful ways goes well beyond the user in a Web
Browser experience.

Linked Data w/ OpenID breaks HTTP completely when
[curl|rapper|Tabulator|insert data browser here] asks for RDF and it
redirects me to an authorization page at my IdP.  On the other hand,
WebID prompted SSL-authentication leading to correct HTTP status codes
indicate to any HTTP client written in our lifetime exactly what to
do.

--
Joe Presbrey