[foaf-protocols] openid4.me and foafssl.org on chromium

Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 01:16:55 CEST 2010

On 13 Aug 2010, at 01:06, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Henry Story wrote:
>> Just noticed that with the latest chromium on Apple Mac OSS [1]
>> - that is todays' and the one I had just before that which I downloaded
>> a few weeks ago - has the same problem with the following sites:
>>
>>   https://openid4.me/
>>   https://foaf.me/simpleLogin.php
>>
>> When I go to one of those it will ask me for a certificate. Whatever certificate
>> I choose I get the following error
>>
>> [[
>> SSL connection error.
>>
>> Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
>> ]]
>>
>> I don't get that error for Firefox or Opera on OSX.
>>
>> Is this a bug in Chromium? Is it tracked? If so where can we vote it up?
>>
>> 	Henry
>>

>> [1] download chromium here
>>    http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/snapshots/
>>

> Henry,
>
> FWIW -- I used Chrome on Mac OS X against: <https://id.myopenlink.net/ods>, and it worked just fine. Mac OS X Keyring (Cert. Manger) presented me with my Certs, I picked the appropriate one for the <http://id.myopenlink.net/ods> dataspace and I was in :-)

That is cool Kingsely. But that was not the issue.

I don't have any trouble with Chrome/ium logging into foaf+ssl enabled
sites. But I do have trouble logging into foaf.me and openid4.me.

So there is something both those sites are doing that most other sites do not do.
Whetever they do that is different is something most other browsers don't seem to
care about. What they are doing may somehow be wrong and Chrome/ium may be correct
to refuse the connection. But it is also quite likely that there is a bug in
Chrome/ium. And we may as well fix that if we can.