[foaf-protocols] Webid Spec: HTTP status codes?

Reto Bachmann-Gmür me at farewellutopia.com
Fri Aug 13 14:57:58 CEST 2010

Hi

To me it seems the authentication layer should be at the tls layer, if the
webid cannot be verified the cert should not be accepted and the client
should (I know most don't) give the possibility to choose another cert or
connecting without supplying a cert. I recognize that due to browser
usability limitations some implementations may prefer to accept any cert
provided and deny access with explanation on the http layers, however this
doesn't give the client the possibility to change something on the tls
layer.

Cheers,
reto

If authorization fails, a 401 should be returned.