[foaf-protocols] Fwd: Re: WebID breakthrough - pure Javascript+Flash implementation

Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 20:25:39 CEST 2010

On 13 Aug 2010, at 19:35, Bruno Harbulot wrote:
> On 13/08/10 16:19, Henry Story wrote:
>>
>> On 13 Aug 2010, at 17:11, Bruno Harbulot wrote:
>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> You're absolutely right, RESTfulness matters for curl/Tabulator
>>> (essentially, non-browser user-agents). Does it matter to the
>>> general public using a browser for normal website usage? I'm not
>>> sure right now.
>>
>> In architecture we are not asking what matters to the public.
>
> Sorry Henry, but that's quite a silly statement.
> If you lose sight of what the potential users want, you end up building useless stuff, however good the architecture is. [snip]

That much is obvious: we care very deeply about user experience. And there are certain aspects of user experience that the current systems are clearly not solving at all, and certainly not OpenID, in large part because of architectural design flaws which I explain quite clearly here [1].

When architecture is the reason for an end user problem, one has to deal with the issue at that level.

	Henry

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=994DvSJZyww&feature=channel