[foaf-protocols] Webid Spec: Reference to the X.509 RFC 5280?

Akbar Hossain akkiehossain at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 23:53:29 CEST 2010

Sorry -  I should have said why I was looking for it!

I was reading thru http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5280#section-4.2.1.6

Which I thought was the definition of the permitted values within the
Subject Alternative Name (SAN)

I guess this is a possible reference too.

http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/x509v3_config.html#Subject_Alternative_Name_

I was thinking that a section of the spec could be structured as a
table with the permitted entries in SAN
and the possible ways to deference the agent details.

We dont need to (or cant) specify all but it would be easy to
visualise how other deferencing schemes to discover the identifying
agents profile could be added to the spec at a later stage if for
example against email we listed webfinger and fingerpoint for example.

Just a thought.