[foaf-protocols] WebID and CryptoStick

Henry Story henry.story at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 12:23:02 CEST 2010

Thanks Jan,

Btw. Alladin was bought by Safenet recently.

I added a page for both on the wiki here:

 http://esw.w3.org/Foaf%2Bssl/Clients#Hardware_security

I can see this becoming quite large and requiring a page on its own.

I think there is a lot of potential in getting this to work with foaf+ssl. For one it would make great demonstrations, and secondly it would provide some revenue for WebID providers that could get some money by selling cryptokeys, a bit like other open source projects get money selling T-Shirts.

   Apartently there is no driver for the German Privacy Foundation's cryptostick on OSX, but there is for linux and windows. So those who are working on that platform you are in luck.

   Jan, how much does a cryptostick cost?

   It would be interesting to find out how one can make cryptostick setup as easy as current foaf+ssl certificate generation.  Is there a way to get the key to generate a public/private key pair and have it then send the public key to the browser that could then send that on to a server for signing?

   Henry