[foaf-protocols] WebID Implementations Table

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 20:45:38 CEST 2010

Hi All

Was chatting to henry and since we're starting to have a few implementations
now that allow WebID we were thinking about having a table of basic features
that are implemented and putting it on the wiki.

*WedID Implementations*
*====================
*
So far I think we have webid implementations from:

henry - xwiki
manu - payswarm
reto - clerezza
kingsley - ODS
melvin - foaf.me
timbl/joe - tabulator (client side)
stephane - drupal?
caedes -- elgg?
toby?
nathan?

Do you have a definitive URI for a test implementation?

I'm brainstorming the basic functionality (we'll add more later) -- but so
far I have (off the top of my head):

*1. Basic WebID Functionality
==================*======

1. Contains a FOAF profile
1a Supports RDF/XML
1b Supports RDFa
1c Supports Other

2  Can Create WebID Certifcate
2a Supports Fireforx / Opera / Safari
2b Supports Chrome
2c Supports IE
2d Certificate generation adds triples to your FOAF
2e Can use multiple certificates with one account

3  Can login via WebID
3a Login via own generated WebID and display "hello" message
3b Has ability to login via WebID issued by another party and display
"hello" message
3c Login via another party's WebID creates account as appropriate
3d Has ability to login via owl:sameAs identity

This is what i have so far Henry also suggested scoring each item, perhaps
1-10 (TBD, but start with 5 for everything) so that we can see how we're
doing with basic features, then moving on to more advanced demos such as
pingback, access control and messaging etc., in the next phase.

The idea was to put this on a wiki page, does it seem like a reasonable
idea?