[foaf-protocols] WebID Implementations Table

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Thu Aug 19 00:40:21 CEST 2010

  On 8/18/10 7:45 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Was chatting to henry and since we're starting to have a few
> implementations now that allow WebID we were thinking about having a
> table of basic features that are implemented and putting it on the wiki.
>
> *WedID Implementations*
> *====================
> *
> So far I think we have webid implementations from:
>
> henry - xwiki
> manu - payswarm
> reto - clerezza
> kingsley - ODS
OpenLink Software which offers:

id.myopenlink.net -- WebID compliant service .
ODS -- WebID compliant platform behind id.myopenlink.net (basically this
is an ODS instance)
Virtuoso -- platform behind ODS (WebID APIs exist as DBMS hosted Stored
Procedures, it also has WebID in use at the DBMS core as well as its
data access APIs such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET etc...

Kingsley
> melvin - foaf.me <http://foaf.me>
> timbl/joe - tabulator (client side)
> stephane - drupal?
> caedes -- elgg?
> toby?
> nathan?
>
> Do you have a definitive URI for a test implementation?
>

> I'm brainstorming the basic functionality (we'll add more later) --
> but so far I have (off the top of my head):
>
> *1. Basic WebID Functionality
> ==================*======
>
> 1. Contains a FOAF profile
> 1a Supports RDF/XML
> 1b Supports RDFa
> 1c Supports Other
>
> 2  Can Create WebID Certifcate
> 2a Supports Fireforx / Opera / Safari
> 2b Supports Chrome
> 2c Supports IE
> 2d Certificate generation adds triples to your FOAF
> 2e Can use multiple certificates with one account
>
> 3  Can login via WebID
> 3a Login via own generated WebID and display "hello" message
> 3b Has ability to login via WebID issued by another party and display
> "hello" message
> 3c Login via another party's WebID creates account as appropriate
> 3d Has ability to login via owl:sameAs identity
>

> This is what i have so far Henry also suggested scoring each item,
> perhaps 1-10 (TBD, but start with 5 for everything) so that we can see
> how we're doing with basic features, then moving on to more advanced
> demos such as pingback, access control and messaging etc., in the next
> phase.
>
> The idea was to put this on a wiki page, does it seem like a
> reasonable idea?

President&  CEO