[foaf-protocols] W3C WebID review

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 03:41:30 CEST 2010

On 20 August 2010 03:03, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 08/19/2010 04:19 AM, Henry Story wrote:
> > As a community we need to perhaps build some structure here so that
> > we know how to deal with future situations such as this. I have
> > always conducted all conversation in the open, from this mailing list
> > to the blogs I produced to the wiki at http://esw.w3.org/foaf+ssl .
>
> Henry, I really don't like the tone in the last several e-mails that you
> have sent. Whether intentional or not, you seem to be implying the
> following:
>
> 1) That we don't intend to be "open" about the process when moving
>   forward.
> 2) Creating an undertone that there is a "situation" here when there is
>   not, and
> 3) That certain WebID interests aren't being properly represented.
>
> I don't know what structure you want to build to "deal with future
> situations such as this" because I don't understand what "this" is at
> the moment, other than not extending the courtesy to Doug and some of
> the other folks at W3C before generating a great deal more work for them.

I dont want to speak for henry, but this may be a slight misunderstanding
that can sometimes happen the email medium.

Just want to say as a member of the community, I'm massively appreciative of
the leadership and work from both Henry over the last 1-2 years, and more
recently, Manu.

Looking forward to great presentation, and feedback!

On the broader subject of Identity, it may be helpful to take a look at the
slides the Paul Trevithick presented to the W3C Social Web Incubator Group

Main Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/ptrevithick/swxg-201069

Secondary Deck:
http://www.slideshare.net/ptrevithick/active-clients-and-personal-data-stores-4452852

Enjoy!