[foaf-protocols] Upcoming WebID telecon topics (was: W3C WebID review)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Fri Aug 20 18:44:53 CEST 2010

On 08/20/10 10:59, Henry Story wrote:
> On 20 Aug 2010, at 16:01, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> Thanks for the clarifications of your intent - it helps to shed
>> some light on your thinking. I understand a bit more where you are
>> coming from and have only picked out the bits that I disagree with
>> below - so while this e-mail may seem negative, it is not intended
>> to be - rather, I think we have some understanding at this point
>> and can move on.
> Thanks for your reply. I read it carefully, but in the interest of
> not going on forever here, I'll just summarise my take on it.

Henry, your latest response is wonderful. I think there is a much deeper
understanding now, thank you for taking the time to consider the points
raised in the discussion.

I'll post a draft agenda shortly for the WebID telecon next week on
Tuesday - are there any preferences on what we should cover?

Stephane detailed the multiple URI issue in the SAN extension, so we
could make that the first item:

We need to understand the technical hurdles for selective presentation
of WebID-only certificates:

and perhaps WebID certificate transfer:

We should determine whether now is a good time to shift to a github
account for the community:

What are the other technical/usability issues that we should discuss?

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: WebID - Universal Login for the Web