[foaf-protocols] Upcoming WebID telecon topics (was: W3C WebID review)

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 23:45:08 CEST 2010

On 20 August 2010 18:44, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 08/20/10 10:59, Henry Story wrote:
> > On 20 Aug 2010, at 16:01, Manu Sporny wrote:
> >> Thanks for the clarifications of your intent - it helps to shed
> >> some light on your thinking. I understand a bit more where you are
> >> coming from and have only picked out the bits that I disagree with
> >> below - so while this e-mail may seem negative, it is not intended
> >> to be - rather, I think we have some understanding at this point
> >> and can move on.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. I read it carefully, but in the interest of
> > not going on forever here, I'll just summarise my take on it.
>
> Henry, your latest response is wonderful. I think there is a much deeper
> understanding now, thank you for taking the time to consider the points
> raised in the discussion.
>
> I'll post a draft agenda shortly for the WebID telecon next week on
> Tuesday - are there any preferences on what we should cover?

Regrets I wont be able to make this.  Would love to participate in this, but
I'd like to focus my fullest attention on my actions for the SWXG final
report (which also will cover WebID)which is due out next month, and there's
still a lot to cover.  Hopefully will be able to participate more from
October onwards.

Will follow the minutes, and mailing list closely, as ever, though.

General preference is to keep the core spec as 'lean and mean' as possible,
and allow supporting documentation e.g. wiki, primer, best practices if
that's allowable.

> Stephane detailed the multiple URI issue in the SAN extension, so we
> could make that the first item:
>
> http://github.com/msporny/webid-spec/issues/#issue/2
>
> We need to understand the technical hurdles for selective presentation
> of WebID-only certificates:
>
> http://github.com/msporny/webid-spec/issues#issue/3
>
> and perhaps WebID certificate transfer:
>
> http://github.com/msporny/webid-spec/issues#issue/4
>
> We should determine whether now is a good time to shift to a github
> account for the community:

Well github issue tracker has improved since I last looked at it.
Personally I use www.assembla.com (free for open source projects) but
whatever works.

ManU: you mentioned that there had been some concerns raised externally.  Is
the intention here to put these in the github issue list?