[foaf-protocols] WebID talk at W3C

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Tue Aug 24 13:06:36 CEST 2010

  On 8/24/10 4:56 AM, Stéphane Corlosquet wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:37 AM, Manu Sporny
> <msporny at digitalbazaar.com <mailto:msporny at digitalbazaar.com>> wrote:
>
>     The slides that I've prepared for the presentation are here:
>
>     http://payswarm.com/slides/webid/
>

> from http://payswarm.com/slides/webid/#(5)
> <http://payswarm.com/slides/webid/#%285%29>
>
> > "OpenID isn't quite decentralized - requires the identity provider
> to be available at all times"
>
> This should be reworded. WebID suffers from the same shortcoming: if
> your WebID URI does not dereference or if your WebID Profile document
> is down, you cannot log in. That's something the multiple SAN URIs
> could solve: http://github.com/msporny/webid-spec/issues#issue/2
>
> Steph.

Steph.

Multiple SAN URIs is a feature we support in ODS. Ditto the projects
Toby is working on. Multiple SAN URIs may not be expressly in the spec,
but that doesn't make them unacceptable re. WebID implementation, at
least as far as I know.

Henry/Manu: WebID+OpenID hybrid protocol does need coverage as this
shows a non disruptive path for extending what already exists via WebID .

President&  CEO