[foaf-protocols] Consensus on Web Identity presentation to W3C

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Wed Aug 25 20:08:19 CEST 2010

Henri and I have spent the last 4 hours on the phone, discussing how to
best represent identity on the Web to W3C. The discussion was nice and
orderly and we spent most of the time trying to put a good story
together for the presentation tomorrow:

http://payswarm.com/slides/webid/

It's rough - it still needs to be cleaned up, but it's a direction that
both Henry and I agree on and think reflects the WebID community, and
general identity community well.

Henry and I will tag-team the presentation tomorrow, we've discussed and
think we know how to present it effectively. The WebID portion of the
presentation (and some other parts like the OpenID protocol, etc) will
be done by Henry, while I provide background on identity on the Web,
OpenID, WebFinger, .well-known and other identity-related technologies.

The presentation is down to a core of six slides, two 1-2 minute video
presentations, and a possible demo that we hope to get through in about
20-30 minutes.

We think this is the best way forward... if you have some time, give us
feedback on the slide deck above (understanding that it's rough). We'll
try to integrate changes that make sense quickly, but may not be able to
get around to all of them before the telecon tomorrow.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: WebID - Universal Login for the Web
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2010/08/07/webid/2/