[foaf-protocols] Consensus on Web Identity presentation to W3C

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Wed Aug 25 22:15:56 CEST 2010

  On 8/25/10 2:08 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Henri and I have spent the last 4 hours on the phone, discussing how to
> best represent identity on the Web to W3C. The discussion was nice and
> orderly and we spent most of the time trying to put a good story
> together for the presentation tomorrow:
>
> http://payswarm.com/slides/webid/
>
> It's rough - it still needs to be cleaned up, but it's a direction that
> both Henry and I agree on and think reflects the WebID community, and
> general identity community well.
>
> Henry and I will tag-team the presentation tomorrow, we've discussed and
> think we know how to present it effectively. The WebID portion of the
> presentation (and some other parts like the OpenID protocol, etc) will
> be done by Henry, while I provide background on identity on the Web,
> OpenID, WebFinger, .well-known and other identity-related technologies.
>
> The presentation is down to a core of six slides, two 1-2 minute video
> presentations, and a possible demo that we hope to get through in about
> 20-30 minutes.
>
> We think this is the best way forward... if you have some time, give us
> feedback on the slide deck above (understanding that it's rough). We'll
> try to integrate changes that make sense quickly, but may not be able to
> get around to all of them before the telecon tomorrow.
>
> -- manu

Manu,

Great!

Some feedback.

This preso is going to be Web organic (hopefully) thus it would be nice
to have Henry's details added to slide #1 if he is co-author of the preso.

Thou must dogfood, thus you should both list your WebIDs :-)

Currently you have the following <head/> section in the slidy presentation.
<head>
<title>Identity, Discovery and Authorization at W3C</title>
    content="Copyright &#169; 2010 Digital Bazaar, Inc. Available under
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection, print"
    href="slidy.css" />
<script src="slidy.js"
    charset="utf-8" type="text/javascript"></script>
<!-- your custom style rules -->
</head>

Again, lets do some dogfooding via <link/> with pointers to related
material esp. esw wiki, and specific demo URLs in there.

What about the RDFa? Well that can of course come later. Anyway, here
[1] is the URI of the preso in one our of Linked Data Spaces :-)

Links:

1.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/payswarm.com/slides/webid/

President&  CEO