[foaf-protocols] webid-linked claim verification?

Toby Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 23:05:46 CEST 2010

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 09:47:33 +0200
Dan Brickley <danbri at danbri.org> wrote:

> e.g. 1.) you go along, log in with a webid cert, and select "verify an
> email address"; it sends you some generated token by email, with a
> URL; you get that mail, follow the link, log in again with webid if
> needed [eg. the mail might arrive tommorrow], ... after which you've
> established some evidence that whoever controls that webid also
> controls (for now) that mailbox.

I sketched out an idea for a service like this some months ago:

http://lists.foaf-project.org/pipermail/foaf-protocols/2010-March/001898.html

I really want someone to develop such a service so that I don't have to
continually verify my e-mail address, which it seems everything I sign
up for these days wants me to do.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>