[foaf-protocols] HOWTO: Use FOAF+SSL from a command line

Nathan nathan at webr3.org
Mon Aug 30 01:45:10 CEST 2010

Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 12 April 2010 13:20, Story Henry <henry.story at bblfish.net> wrote:
>
>> On 12 Apr 2010, at 11:53, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>
>>> 3.2 With a WebID*
>>>
>>> wget -qO- --no-check-certificate
>>> https://foaf.cc/everyone--certificate=./foafssl.cer
>>> --private-key=./foafssl.key
>>> Enter PEM pass phrase:
>> Something you can't do with OpenId :-)
>>

> I've also just realized you can turn every HTML form into an universal API
> using
>
> curl -F

doesn't need an HTML page or form though, can be used with any uri
accepting POST (not GET though afaik) - there's something in this
thought though, got legs as some would say.

> perhaps ideal for microblogging?

even better if wrapped in a quick bash script so that you can simply:

  ./microblog "thinking about wrapping curl -F in a quick bash script"

in fact you could knock up a pretty lightweight social command line in
next to no time using this approach, then define that as a text based
api and hook in to it with other system processes / custom apps.. again,
got legs!

good thinking, and obviously 100% nicer coupled with webid.