[foaf-protocols] webid-linked claim verification?

Henry Story henry.story at bblfish.net
Mon Aug 30 10:45:08 CEST 2010

On 30 Aug 2010, at 00:35, Nathan wrote:

> Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>> On 26 August 2010 17:35, Seth Russell <russell.seth at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In other words.  I want a library with the following 4 functions ...
>>>
>>> $id = signup()
>>> $id = signin()
>>> sendMessage ($id, $message)
>>>

>> I think every webid should have a semantic inbox
>
> 100% agree re semantic inbox, and like seth's focus on simplicity

Agree on semantic inbox. So we could develop something simple like the following:

@prefox <http://joe.example/#> .

:me webmail:inbox </inbox/>;

As with pingback, </inbox/> should return an html form, with a message field for the referent of the webid (with a well known attribute name). The page could have a type

<> a webmail:PostPage;
   webmail:recipient <http://joe.example/#me> .

It is very important that the PostPage refer back to the webid, as that is what is needed to avoid spamming.

   This is a simple protocol we could develop easily.