[foaf-protocols] W3C Social Web Incubator proposal

peter williams home_pw at msn.com
Thu Dec 9 14:07:26 CET 2010

Google is going on the same track as Netscape did. Whereas Netscape became
enamored with its partnership with DoD, Google is becoming enamored with its
new partnership with NSA's info assurance division (that promotes practical
steps in formulating modern micro-kernel-centric design assurances). Chrome
is an OS, and properly separates the trust in a kernel from trust in a
browser (from trust/fidelity in social fabrics).

If you look carefully, you can see some of the steps Microsoft took about
18m ago to prepare for this new world of OS-mediated trust - as reflected in
its own crypto next generation libraries (v1.). It all moves the baseline
from the 1970s world of reference monitors to micro-kernels thread pools and
trusted processes; exploiting frameworks that can exploit more modern, fast,
ring switching architectures from the CPUs.

I'm not sure how mosaic-era browsers are going to survive in this world; but
we shall see!