[foaf-protocols] wordpress, help!

peter williams home_pw at msn.com
Tue Dec 14 05:03:22 CET 2010

Microsoft/MSN have forced me to join the modern world (that is, the world
post HailSturm for Windows 95); and move my blog to wordpress.  It's now on
http://yorkporc.wordpress.com/.

SO, I celebrated the move by translating an Assange essay that a bunch of
syndicated flacks find unfathomable, apparently.  It's actually a damn sight
better written than most of the crap that folks used to write on
cypherpunks. But, to be fair to the American journalists in the flack flock
as they punge their daggers into Caesar, it is not written in standard
American essay form (topic sentences, 3 facts per paragraph, etc). The
essay's underlying topic was really about navigating trust and confidence in
global spaces, as seen from the haven of local IRC chat channels in which
subcultures like hacking thrive. For this reason, its relevant to us (as is
the whole wikileaks saga, which is nicely fissuring the net as we knew it).

Anyways, next goal is: get the openid stuff working. Then, understand what
wordpress offers me re FOAF vocab (if anything). If there is neither openid
nor FOAF, that's probably telling us something.