[foaf-protocols] WebID Incubator Charter draft

Stéphane Corlosquet scorlosquet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 13:20:38 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 6:49 AM, Henry Story <henry.story at bblfish.net>wrote:

> On 15 Dec 2010, at 12:41, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
> > On 15 December 2010 12:29, Henry Story <henry.story at bblfish.net> wrote:
> >> Before we send this off, can people please send comments to the wording
> of the draft.
> >>
> >> http://lab.linkeddata.deri.ie/2010/WebID-XG/webid-charter-draft.html
> >>
> >> I recently added IIW and Liberty, xantara as external groups, but am not
> sure the
> >> description of their activities are good.
> >>
> >>        Any feedback helpful,
> >
> > Looks great
> >
> > 1.2 still says:
> >
> > Out of Scope
> >
> > Many things...
>
> yes, not sure what to put there.

Do you want to draw the line between authentication (scope of WebID) and
authorization? or maybe we want to leave it open...

2. Deliverables

> # A requirements and use case document for the WebID protocol.

I would hope to see more than one use case in this document...

Is there intentionally no WebID spec draft intended to be part of the
deliverables?

3.2 External Groups

how about adding:
Portable Contacts [1]
    The goal of Portable Contacts is to make it easier for developers to
give their users a secure way to access the address books and friends lists
they have built up all over the web.

How about mentioning webfinger/fingerpoint as technologies likely to be
useful for WebID to integrate with?

Steph.

[1] http://portablecontacts.net/