[foaf-protocols] WebID Incubator Charter draft

Henry Story henry.story at bblfish.net
Wed Dec 15 15:53:44 CET 2010

Updates here:
https://github.com/bblfish/webid-spec/blob/master/webid-charter-draft.html

On 15 Dec 2010, at 13:20, Stéphane Corlosquet wrote:
> Do you want to draw the line between authentication (scope of WebID) and authorization? or maybe we want to leave it open...

We want to leave that open... I added OAuth though.

> 2. Deliverables
> > # A requirements and use case document for the WebID protocol.
>
> I would hope to see more than one use case in this document...

Well it's not one use case, it's one use case document. Nothing excludes that document being 100 pages long :-)

> Is there intentionally no WebID spec draft intended to be part of the deliverables?

It says that Activities include:

to mature the WebID as a draft specification

> 3.2 External Groups
>
> how about adding:
> Portable Contacts [1]
>     The goal of Portable Contacts is to make it easier for developers to give their users a secure way to access the address books and friends lists they have built up all over the web.

Could do, But they are already part of the Federated Social Web group I think. So I don't want to list potentially all technologies here, or we'll end up with a copy of the result of the Social Web XG report.

> How about mentioning webfinger/fingerpoint as technologies likely to be useful for WebID to integrate with?

They are also there.

> Steph.
>
> [1] http://portablecontacts.net/

Social Web Architect