[foaf-protocols] new WebID Charter draft

peter williams home_pw at msn.com
Thu Dec 16 00:17:57 CET 2010

"1.2 Out of Scope
Making the protocol complex by attempting to solve all problems. "

Enumerate the classes of things that are out of scope: e.g.

Interoperability considerations with operational or historical https
Worrying about the implications for export grade ciphers
Mappings onto API frameworks
Tracking IETF TLS I-Ds (focus only on RFCs)
Consideration of must/should/ topics, for such as FOAF document notations
Applicability Statements
Coherency analyses with web architecture

The above are not hard to formulate. They are basically what IETF/IESG  does
for a standards track efforts, that we don't do in an incubation exercise.