[foaf-protocols] new WebID Charter draft

peter williams home_pw at msn.com
Thu Dec 16 00:33:28 CET 2010

"current WebID implementations function with TLS. The feedback and views of
this TLS working group will be very helpful in a number of ways. This should
not to understood as excluding other technologies in the same space such as
DTLS TTLS, or other encryption technologies, which it would be very useful
to have feedback on too."

"current WebID implementations function with TLS. The feedback and views of
the* TLS working group will be very helpful in a number of ways. This should
not to understood as limiting consultation to classical TLS technology over
TCP, but can include the topics within IETF's DTLS (RFC 4347), or TTLS
(RFC5281), or other similar re-purposings of the SSL handshake. The
relevancy of newer encryption techniques for communication protocols (such
as "authenticated encryption") are the kind of topic it would be useful to
have feedback on too."

I'm trying to find you communities who want to join.... because W3C will be
the cool place to be...in the design space. I'm not trying to foment a wave
of adoption of FOAF+SSL, note. That will happen when the pieces have the
right shape, and the picture in the jigsaw is interesting.