[foaf-protocols] new WebID Charter draft

peter williams home_pw at msn.com
Thu Dec 16 00:48:18 CET 2010

Ok then that's even worse. What we want is that folks with websso experience
(SAML and openid) feel generally welcome because of that background alone,
regardless of whether or not they have profiled websso for webids, before.

For example, after years of playing politics with the very notion of
gatewaying, the Shib group is now harmonizing discovery (based on signed
XRDs) with gateways that can take policy-instructions from the metadata -
and behave "suitably" when doing protocol conversion.

These are the kind of folks you want involved, so the general learning about
discovery (whether its FOAF and semweb based) or their stuff, could get put
into the eventual pot. If folks feel that it's a closed shop from the
outset, no one will bother to contribute their knowhow and use cases.

How about:

to describe and develop the range of potential relations between WebIDs and
OpenID, OAuth
and SAML protocols, tokens and flows; considering existing work on
characterizing such relations in particular