[foaf-protocols] new WebID Charter draft

Henry Story henry.story at bblfish.net
Thu Dec 16 10:48:30 CET 2010

On 16 Dec 2010, at 00:17, peter williams wrote:

> "1.2 Out of Scope
> Making the protocol complex by attempting to solve all problems. "
>
> Enumerate the classes of things that are out of scope: e.g.
>
> Interoperability considerations with operational or historical https

Not sure. Don't see why one should put that out of scope.

> Worrying about the implications for export grade ciphers

Did not even think about that.

> Mappings onto API frameworks

People mean so many different things by API frameworks, that this is a bit dangerous.

> Tracking IETF TLS I-Ds (focus only on RFCs)

> Consideration of must/should/ topics, for such as FOAF document notations

I think that could be in scope. But I am not sure what you mean.

> Applicability Statements
> Coherency analyses with web architecture

No I think we might do that.

> The above are not hard to formulate. They are basically what IETF/IESG  does
> for a standards track efforts, that we don't do in an incubation exercise.

I think it is better left vague what is out of scope. An XG is a very light weight
process, and I think we all pretty much understand here where we want to go. So
out of scope will be pretty much anything that sidetracks us from getting there.

Henrhy