[foaf-protocols] WebID Incubator Charter draft

Jiří Procházka ojirio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 15:31:22 CET 2010

On 12/16/2010 02:45 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 12/15/10 5:03 PM, peter williams wrote:
>> I like this proposal.
>>
>> What I don't want is the scope to be limited to the linked data movement (or
>> its various axioms about the world should be).
>
> I think you should broaden that and maybe say: it shouldn't be confined
> to RDF (overtly or covertly).
>> WebIDs need to be big, like DNs and domain names are big.
> Yes, Internet of Things scope.
>
> Kingsley

Suppose you want to resume the offshoot of "PEM certificate- was
cert:public_key" discussion, where Henry proposed a way of making WebID
independent on RDF.
I have previously though this is a good idea, but then I realized a
functional mistake and considering all options, I think using RDF with
one required serialization is best. The discussion and my previous
opinion can be traced from the following message:
http://lists.foaf-project.org/pipermail/foaf-protocols/2010-October/003936.html

Best,
Jiri