[foaf-protocols] new WebID Charter draft

Nathan nathan at webr3.org
Fri Dec 17 10:01:49 CET 2010

Hi Peter,

> On 17 December 2010 02:46, peter williams <home_pw at msn.com> wrote:
>> Any vendor not already a W3C member, that can demonstrate an
>> implementation, can get cast as an expert.

As far as I'm aware this is already the case, doing an implementation
(complete or not), or being an expert in one of the technologies,
coupled with the willingness to be involved and active within the group
is, afaik, what it takes be accepted as an invited expert, whether you
ask to join or are invited.

Also, IIRC process has been loosened recently so that it's easier for
experts from one group to join other groups.

Personally I've found the W3C very open and inclusive on a number of
occasions, being an invited expert myself, I'm sure many others here
like Toby, Melvin and Henry will all say the same.

That is, what you say above, is pretty much already the case :)

Best,

Nathan